At Joseph Joseph we love solving everyday problems through intelligent design to create distinctive, functional products that are a pleasure to own and use. We are one of the world’s leading houseware brands with a global presence spanning over 100 countries, available in most major department stores and independent houseware stores worldwide as well as our rapidly growing ecommerce channel.
We are looking for a Product Technologist to join our team. Ensuring that all products meet the necessary legal requirements, as well as Joseph Joseph’s own quality, safety and functional standards. You’ll be responsible for your own product categories, in accordance with the Critical Path timelines, and will report to the Head of Quality & Product Compliance.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of worldwide product safety regulations and standards affecting Joseph Joseph products and keep abreast of any changes to applicable regulations and product standards.
- Review product concepts, provide technical feedback to Design Managers and also provide technical support to Design Managers and suppliers during quotation stage.
- Plan and arrange lab testing for EU, USA, and Japanese Markets, ensuring lab samples are sent to the laboratory.
- Review first draft packaging copy document and advise Care & Use and Warnings and review further iterations of packaging copy before sent for translations
- Work with suppliers and China Quality Assurance Team to resolve on-going quality issues with new and existing products
- Continually review all current processes within the Technical Team, ensuring they are operating as effectively and efficiently as possible. Suggest improvements where necessary.
What we need from you:
- A proven track record as a Product Technologist
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident in communicating and developing relationships with internal and external sources
- Good numeracy skills
- A willingness to learn and improve and have a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable technical capability to work with product specifications and understand any operational challenges
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary, holiday and performance related bonus
- A pension contribution
- An exclusive staff discount
- External private employee wellbeing support
- Access to Perkbox
- Season-ticket travel loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday trading (buy/sell) and extra holiday days for long service