At Joseph Joseph we love solving everyday problems through intelligent design. We are one of the world’s leading houseware brands with a global presence spanning over 100 countries, available in most major department stores and independent houseware stores worldwide. We identify everyday problems and solve them through intelligent design to create distinctive, functional products that are a pleasure to own and use.
We are looking for a talented packaging Designer to join our New Product Development team. Reporting directly to the Head of Packaging this is an important role in the team. We are looking for someone highly motivated and hands-on with the ability to see a brief through from initial concept to final print-ready artwork and eager to push the brand forward with industry-leading design.
Working to two seasonal launches a year, we are looking for someone highly-organised who is able to work well under pressure. You’ll be managing multiple projects at once and deliver outstanding results, on budget and to deadlines set out in critical path.
What you will be doing:
- Create industry-leading packaging design that raises the brand profile, engages with consumers and clearly communicates the product USP
- Produce highly finished concepts and 3D card mock-ups of packaging for internal review
- Undertake art direction on photo shoots for packaging imagery and carry out high quality retouching of images as required
- Produce press-ready artwork of packaging to in-house guidelines including input of all language translations and legal requirements
- Provide support as part of the 2D team in the design and artwork of sales presenters, seasonal product catalogues, exhibition graphics, in-store merchandisers and promotional materials
What we need from you:
- Full capability operating on an Apple Mac platform
- A high level of competency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite is essential, in particular using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in 3D drawing/rendering software such as KeyShot/SolidWorks is an advantage
- A high level of competence in Microsoft Office software – PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.
- A degree in Graphic Design or similar creative discipline
- Exceptional conceptual and executional abilities coupled with excellent communication skills
- Highly creative with the ability to demonstrate excellent layout, typography and art direction skills
- Experience in the design of structural packaging for consumer products and creating effective cutter guides for cardboard packaging would be an advantage.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive salary and holiday allowance
- Company performance related bonus
- A pension contribution
- An exclusive staff discount
- Flexible working – combination of home and office working and flex start/finish times
- External private employee wellbeing support
- Access to Perkbox
- Season-ticket travel loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday trading (buy/sell) and extra holiday days for long service
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Life at Joseph Joseph
Mental wellbeing support
Additional holiday for length of service
Company bonus scheme
Generous discounts for you and friends and family
Season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
Even more discounts with Perkbox
Loading application form